Wednesday 2 December 2009

More Local Goodness

Dear Sharon and Mary

I love daft phrases, one of my favourites is cherchez la femme’ which is a belief that a woman is at the back of every mischief. This comes from the pen of Alexander Dumas in his novel The Mohicans of Paris, about the Paris underworld, He went on to write there is a woman in every case as soon as they bring me a report I say cherchez la femme’ – look for the woman. Dumas as we all know wrote the Three Musketeers who rescued many damsels in distress.

Colin

Dear Sharon and Mary

I have always liked to look at a sunset and see a big red ball in the sky which is called the sun. The sun is a nuclear furnace without which all life on earth would be impossible.

Ian

8 comments:

  1. Relief. You're back. I have missed you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relief. You're back. I have missed you so much too. Those two tiny tales are perfect reasons why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only the rest of the media were more like Colin and Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so Ian, I have survived long enough on this planet without ever owning a single nuclear furnace. I suggest you run a survey next time you want to make a bold statement like that.

    Shamed: Its been a long day

    Nice to have you back

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone,

    It's smashing to be back. More local letters coming soon, including a real zinger from the fragrant Ian. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am inclined to agree.

    ReplyDelete